More about AGWPE
Kits and Pre-assembled
Receive Audio Cable
Transmit Audio Cable
PTT (TX Control) Cable
2 Radio Modification
2. AGWPE Set Up
Download and Install
Basic AGWPE Setup
2 Radio Setup
2 Card Setup
3. Sound Card Setup
4. Windows™ Setup
6. Using AGWPE
AGWPE on a Network
Baud Rates & Modes
TCP/IP Over Radio
Tips and Tricks
7. Compatible Programs:
8. Packet Reference
TNCs and AGWPE
What to do with Packet
Sound Card Mechanics
What's New on this Site?
Some users have asked that I identify changes to
the site to help them determine if anything new is pertinent to them.
Note that I'm constantly making minor changes to the site's pages --
correcting typographical errors, re-writing paragraphs to make them more
understandable, adding new solutions for problems, etc. So you may see a
"last revised" date on a page that does not match the "last update" date
- June 2010 -
Update site to reflect new AGWPE version, 14 Apr 2010 which uses a new routine for sound card
- February 2010
- added information about the USB
- October 2007
- published updated PDF files (8) that capture the website
- July 2007 -
Comment about AGWPE and Vista on home page; minor changes
- September 2004
1. Major editing and reorganization of website
2. Major overhaul of the "Problems?"
pages on troubleshooting
3. Added and corrected information about
9600 baud operations
4. Numerous minor deletions, additions and corrections
5. Added information about configuring the TCP/IP Over Radio feature
6. Added "Tips and Tricks" and info on "Traffic
7. Added page about interfacing MixW with
8. Added option to download parts of PDF file
or complete site in HTML format
9. Changed primary web site host to former mirror site; not using
QSL because of chronic slowness
- 1 June2004
Added info on configuring XASTIR for
- 19 November 2003
Changed URL of mirror site; changed email
address for author.
- 6 August 2003
1. Changed the page formatting so pages will better
fill the screen and the left margin menu doesn't wrap on resolutions
greater than 800x600 (I hope).
2. Minor changes in the "AGWPE on a Network" page
- 3 June 2003
1. Added info on running AGWPE with
HamScope and Radio Mobile Deluxe.
2. Added information about AGWPE Pro version.
3. Updated the PDF file.
- 13 April 2003
1. New version of AGWPE released 2003.308
2. Additional cable interface vendors added
3. New troubleshooting fixes added
- 25 Nov 2002
Changed web site to reflect changes in Version 2002.1120:
1. On AGWPE's
Sound Card Modem/TNC Setup
a. Added switch to stop full duplex use on sound cards
b. Added switch to change sound card receive
2. On AGWPE's Sound Card Tuning window, new
leads to new
Sound Card Volume Settings
a. set TX and RX volume of sound card directly (without
to Window's Sound Card
Volume Control program)
b. set RX input source (jack) and mute other sources
c. tell AGWPE to restore previous volume settings on
- 7 Oct 2002
1. Added page explaining
how to interface with AGWPE over a network.
- 30 Sept 2002
1. Added new European vendor of pre-assembled sound
2. Revised the instructions for the Windows 95 Winsock2 update.
- 17 Sept 2002
1. Revised the schematic for the PTT circuit: Added "shunt" diode path
to protect IC from reverse voltage.
2. Added link to small program written by Roger G4IDE which resets COM
port lines to "low" (no voltage) if Windows' incorrectly sets them
"high" (with voltage) at startup.
3. Some "problem & solution" additions to the Trouble Shooting